Annoyed being part of the corporate cog? There’s always one question that comes to mind for those looking to get out. To franchise or not to franchise? Home service franchising is a great option due to the cheap and easy start-up. If you have a truck you can be a franchisee. New businesses often succumb to the horrible claws of failure. By franchising you are joining a proven business system. There is proof the idea works. It’s so successful you are considering buying a franchise. Here are six reasons to choose a home service business.
- Be your own boss. There’s nobody to answer to. A lot of the marketing and branding is already completed for you. You’re in control. Franchising combines independence with security. You have increased job stability with benefits.
- Home service businesses are cheaper than larger investments. The start-up costs are minimal. There isn’t a demand to have a large staff. All you need is a truck and enough for equipment. You don’t need to rent large office or retail spaces. It can be run from your home as your workplace is other people’s homes.
- There is a big offering of training and support. Franchisors want franchisees to succeed. So, there’s a company standard in place that is passed to independent owners. You are trained in all brand specifics and don’t have to implement your own strategies for a smoother work day.
- You decide the work week. You’re in control of the business you take and how you schedule your appointments. You have the freedom to work around important family events or social get togethers.
- You inherit the clean and trustworthy reputation of the brand. It could take a lifetime to develop logos, uniforms or signage. Not to mention reputation. All of these are in place when starting your franchise. People need to trust individuals coming into their home. Joining an established brand guarantees that trust.